Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another quick week......

I just don't know where all of the time goes! Last week zipped by possibly even quicker than the week before.

Hannah and Toph are finishing up the school year. The final count down is on, and I am actually excited to welcome summer vacation. I think we're all ready to be done with rigid routines and have some free time. We want to go to the Science Museum!!! We want to go swimming. We want to go to the beach. We want to just be lazy at home. We want to visit with our friends. We have a serious case of spring fever.

This week was the much-awaited Daddy/Daughter Dance on Wednesday and the Mother/Son dance on Thursday. Our school does this each year, and the kids love it! This was Hannah's first time, and she was so funny. On Wednesdays, school has early dismissal, and we almost always go to the park to play. We played at the park for about 90 minutes, and then we went to a friend's house to swim for another 90 minutes. Then the kids came home, showered, and Hannah went to the dance. Anyone who knows Hannah knows how much she LOVES music and dancing, and she was very excited to go dance with Daddy. Imagine my surprise when she returned home after just 45 minutes! The girl was POOPED. She apparently didn't stop moving the whole time they were there, and her style of dance could be described as "aerobic." Dancing following swimming and playing--she slept good!

Toph and I went for our tun on Thursday. He could not wait! He'd made plans to meet certain friends at certain places, and he wanted to be early, so he wouldn't miss a thing. We beat most of his friends there. Toph is a very considerate date. He danced with me right away for 3-4 songs, and then he wanted to look for his friends. So he brought me some punch and then let me talk to some other Moms while he ran wild for a few minutes. Then he checked back to make sure I was having a fun time. He thought we should dance again, so we did, and then I went back outside and talked with our former landlord. It was nice to have a conversation in person instead of email--and it was much cooler outside. Then Toph came back and wanted to make sure I was having a good time. We danced some more, and I thought we might be able to go home. No such luck. More dancing--the chicken dance, the hokey pokey, and the macarena. I did not attempt the cha cha slide--or whatever it's called. More talking to friends, and Toph got to lead "the train." After that we danced another slow song, and the dance was over! We'd been there the whole time, and we'd had a lot of fun. Toph was so considerate of me the whole time--it makes me just burst with pride.

A bit of an uneventful happening--we developed a leak in the kitchen. I came home on Wednesday and found water on the floor. I mopped it up (thinking it was a melted ice cube), and later that night, I found the floor wet again. Under our kitchen sink was leaking from somewhere. I got to wait for the plumber on Thursday. Fun times! I was very glad that the school was having a fund raiser at Islands and that I could talk Robert into going. After 2 days of not doing the dishes, I wasn't looking forward to the washing and then the cooking......

Saturday I had a great day! I'm sleeping better right now, and I'm breathing better this week. I got to go clothes shopping and out to lunch with a good friend and then we went on a movie date in the evening. Our husbands saw Star Trek and we saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was a really nice day. Then the Gibbs came over this afternoon and we watched Benjamin Button (liked the movie, but not the ending) and we had dinner together. All in all it was a very nice weekend! To make it even better, Mother Nature cooperated too. We were supposed to have a heat wave and be in the mid 90's all weekend. Didn't quite make it, and the evenings have been great! When I watched the news tonight it said that Fresno was 106 today--ouch! And I'm having to close windows because it's getting too chilly!

Have I mentioned how much I love living here? :-)

Next week is a busy one. Lots of things going on, and I'm putting the kids on another routine. Doing homework after free time just isn't working. I'm changing it up again, and I'm NOT going to be popular around here. Oh well. It's not my job to be popular. I hope the kids appreciate that when they're older and have kids of their own!

1 comment:

diane said...

Brynn had fun with her new pen pal Hannah, on Sunday. What a cute kid. I watched Benjamin too. i enjoyed it. Though i didn't cry as i had been warned may happen.