Monday, June 1, 2009

It's ALIVE!


So I was on the computer, alone in the house, when I hear strange noise coming from the bathroom. Water was bubbling up through the toilet! It was making a blurp sound as it splashed all over the toilet seats. I'd noticed the "sewer sucker" trucks about earlier, and I went outside to see if they were still on my street. Yep, that's the problem! Apparently our house is so close to the sewer main that when they flush the line sometimes this happens. Joy! Imagine my neighbor's surprise when this happened to his son--on the pot! 2 of my 3 toilets experienced this wackiness, and let me tell you, although the water is clean looking, the smell is NOT!

If you live in the neighborhood and have a wet bathroom, look to the sewer flushers!

2 comments:

diane said...

That totally stinks...sorry couldn't resist.

jennifer said...

this same thing has happened to us several times - not the bubbling toilet, but yes on the stanky sewer line flush. it doesn't just affect our toilets though. ALL the water through the house REEKS of sulfer for about a week! have you ever taken a sulfer shower? it's raunchy man.