Saturday, March 7, 2009

Card Swap (March)

My sister, Aimee, gave me an incredible gift one year--a bunch of hand-made cards. She and her sister-in-law got together and made a bunch of cards several times a year and then assembled them all as gifts. LOVED it! So much so that I was loathe to actually give the cards away. Recently, she told me about the card swap group her Ward has for the Relief Society sisters who choose to participate. It sounded like great fun, and I asked around and found out that there are some in my area who also do a card swap. It's not a group from Church, but there are several Church members in the group. I was invited to join them, and I have had SO much fun!

My friend, Carmen, is a crafting goddess to me. She just "sees" things and can create them. Beautiful stuff. And she's generous and will share her talents and supplies with me. She is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and her supply of stamps is impressive. She pretty much lets me talk out my idea and then helps me bring it to fruition.



My friend, Tina, already blogged about Card Swap. She took lovely pictures, so I don't have to! I can just point you to Tina's blog post for Card Swap and you can see the assortment of cards. There were REALLY some very nice ones. The "you make me smile" cards are mine. I stole the idea from a card that Carmen made and then made it mine by tweaking a few things. I made 4 different colors, and all of the plum ones are gone--no pictures. My photo is not the best quality--I'll work on that next time. I'm pleased with how the cards turned out. I've got my ideas for the next 2 swaps, so now I just need to make them! This is very fun for me, and pretty relaxing--once we get past the stamping part. I still have heart failure each time I'm going to stamp something, afraid I'm going to mess it up. I'm sure this will fade with experience. I'm putting my Cricut to good use too--LOVE it!

Anyway, I had a good time, and I'm very happy with the selection I brought home. Next swap: May. My ideas for future cards? Secret!

2 comments:

Tina said...

come on, you're not even going to give us a hint???

I'm glad you're part of the group!

(loved your card too!)

diane said...

I am happy to say that I am the proud owner of your blue card. Tina gave it to me. You are talented.

Thanks for your sweet comments. I would love to borrow some movies My horizontal life can be such a bore.