Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Evil Genius

So as I was contemplating my health fate yesterday, I remembered a funny story I thought I'd share....

I got mono my senior year of High School. And I believe in doing things right, so I had it pretty bad. So bad that I slept about 19-20 hours/day for 3 months. As if that wasn't bad enough, this happened right at Girl Scout Cookie time. Think Thin Mint cookies. Think 2 boxes that I ordered and paid for (with my own money). Then think of a sick girl who was asleep all the time.....

I happen to LOVE my Thin Mint cookies frozen. I could envision that the temptation of 2 boxes of everyone's favorite cookie sitting unattended in the freezer might be too much. So I devised a way to make the cookies less tempting.



I opened up the tubes of cookies, ran my tongue down all of them, put them back in the box, and I wrote my message on the box, "I have LICKED all of these cookies. Eat at your own risk." And oddly enough? I got to eat them all myself. Mmmmmmm.........

The truth: I really only licked the cookies on 1 tube. I opened the other tubes as if I'd licked them, but didn't really see the point.

3 comments:

diane said...

You my friend, are brilliant.

Laura Keith said...

I don't remember that? You probably didn't do that to keep us kids out of them as much as keep mom and dad out of them!!! HAHAHAHA

Robert Givens said...

I resemble that!!!!! Darn, Darn, Darn. But it didn't stop Mom. Ha. Ha.