Friday, July 10, 2009

New Clothing SAGA

While this post will not contain photos, I hope it will be somewhat amusing.

The children have been growing again--darn it! They are so disobedient. I keep telling them to stop growing, and they just laugh. Hannah's pj top has elastic on the sleeves and it was hurting her arm. Toph was getting a melvin because his pj bottoms were so small. Hannah was showing the world her bum with the Daisy Dukes she was wearing. I looked at the sizes of all of these clothes--sizes we were barely fitting into last year.

So it was time to go shopping. It was fairly easy to find shorts that weren't Daisy Dukes for Hannah, but finding pajamas for the kids was almost impossible! We like PJ pants with T-shirts. For several reasons--they can be worn year-round. No PJ pants for Hannah in any of the stores I tried. PJ's in the stores were skimpy. Why bother? Found ONE pair of pants for Toph, and we found silky shirts and shorts (not intended as PJ's but it works). Still nothing for Hannah. I ended up going into the women's section and finding nightgowns in size XS. We also found PJ capri's (pants for my 6-year-old) with strings to make them tighter. Hannah got several new things she loves and Toph LOVES the silky shirts/shorts he's wearing as PJ's.

Shoes will be the next thing on the agenda, but I've learned my lesson. We'll wait until just before school starts. At the rate these kids grow, they'd need a bigger size if we bought the shoes now!

3 comments:

Tina said...

It's a never ending job keeping these kids clothed! I was just at Target yesterday getting Miss K some new shorts. We were both crazy and went on a bike ride yesterday in jeans! We were so hot and sweaty by the time we were done! Lesson learned, again!

Crystal said...

Melvin is a great word. It made me laugh.

Ritters said...

I keep telling my kids to stop growing too but they just don't listen. Leah is going to be 1 in two weeks!