Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Saturday of Summer.....

We have had an awesome summer vacation. We went on vacation to Fresno for our visit week and played with cousins and a couple of friends. PERFECT!

Toph and Hannah both enjoyed jumping into the pool at the Ward's.
They were doing "canyonballs" but it looked more like a frog jumping into the water.



We helped some friends move....sad, but at least they're still in driving distance for another year. Better than the alternative! I don't like being so far away, because our families love to get together, but we CAN still see them often.

We went to the library a few times and checked out books--YAY! I need to find the #1 book for a series I'm planning on starting tomorrow. It's at a different branch. We had some playdates with friends--YIPPEE!!!

We got to go swimming at friends' houses a few times--YIPPEE!! My kids LOVE to swim--especially my little fish, Hannah. Last week Toph got brave and went down the slide at one house--for almost the entire time. And, of course, I didn't have my camera!

Best for last: We got to go to the beach several times. Toph isn't as "into" boogie boarding as he was last year, due to a wreck early in the summer. That's a bummer, but we'll keep working on it, because he DOES love to do it. We (the kids and Dad, mostly) played in the waves, did a little boogie boarding, built sand castles and sculptures, and had a great time. Mom observed all of these activities and was "in heaven on earth" just watching the family and the waves. I think that's perfection. I did take a few pictures yesterday. We were playing with our good friends, the Gibb family. Carmen took some of the pictures too. It was an absolutely PERFECT way to spend the last Saturday of summer vacation. Her kids start back to school tomorrow; ours start on Thursday (weird, I know).

Hannah's favorite beach activity: posing and sand sculptures.



Dustin and his oldest sister, Jessica breaking in their boogie boards.


This is just the boys playing. The one on the left is Dustin; my two are on the right.


These kids were mining for sea shells for a LONG time! Good buddies!




We have ONE more fling for our family on Tuesday--but I won't post about it now or it will not be a surprise to our kids. Stay tuned for more summer adventure tales later.


I totally couldn't resist posting this photo of my Honey with "after beach hair."

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I just love reading your blog and getting updated! I can't believe how big they're getting!

Laura Keith said...

HAHAHA! love that last picture! made me smile!