Friday, August 7, 2009

Locked and loaded...well, locked anyway!



Well, I had something really creepy and scary happen this evening. I had JUST finished chatting with Robert on the computer when my outer front door opened and someone tried to WALK INTO MY HOME! Then they knocked on the door. Now, if I hadn't just gotten off of the computer with my Honey, I'd have thought it was him. Since I knew it WASN'T, I was a little scared--who was trying to walk in and why? I looked out the peep hole and it was some guys I don't know. Between the two of them, they had 3 big boxes of beer and a large bottle of clear liquor. I cautiously opened the door and they said, "Oh, sorry. I got the wrong house." YOU THINK? I am SO glad I lock the door by habit. People may think I'm over-protective, but that's not a scare I'd like to encounter.

They had enough booze for a small army, but I'd have had to ID them to make sure they were old enough. Does the fact that 20-year-old guys look 14 make me old?

I'm starting to re-think my position on guns. Make no mistake, I'm all for the right to bear arms, but I've never been a fan of having arms in my own home. And I wouldn't have shot these buys, but I felt VERY vulnerable. Hurry home, Robert! And make sure you lock your doors!

No comments: