Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm moving--to the poor house!

Ok, it should be ABSOLUTELY ILLEGAL for BOTH kids to have simultaneous growth spurts!

We knew Toph was growing, because he sprouted a hollow leg and started eating like a teenager. He also gets growing pains around his knees and ankles, so that's a good sign for us. Hannah is more silent with her growth spurts. I've mentioned before that she seems to grow out and then the next time she tends to grow up. She had 2 "outs" and we've been waiting for the "up." I don't think we need to wait any longer.

We've had BEAUTIFUL Fall weather the last 2 days--cool enough to wear pants even. So when I set out the kids' school clothes yesterday, I was amazed that Hannah looked almost indecent in the pants she was wearing. Either they've shrunk, or she's grown (and since I washed them a million times last season, you know what the answer is). They were also not too long--yippee! This morning, Toph walked into my bedroom and said that his pants were kind of tight, so after today I should throw them in the garbage (doesn't he know we RECYCLE the clothes?!). I told him that if he was in tight pants ALL day, he'd be really uncomfortable by the time he got home from school (sounds like the voice of experience, right?). Then he tried to climb up on my bed (it's a bit tall), and I noticed that he couldn't even bend his legs properly, the pants were SO tight! I convinced him to change the pants, and when he peeled them off, I realized that they were a size SEVEN!!! As a matter of fact, most of the pants in his closet were a size 7--Toph wears a size 10.

Target and Wal-Mart have been very happy with me the last 2 days. Hannah didn't have ANY long-sleeved shirts in her size. She didn't have any pants (except sweat pants) that fit properly--the only reason she could move about in hers is that they are knit. Most of Toph's long sleeve shirts were too small, and all but 2 pair of his pants were too small.

I'm okay to buy some new clothes for Toph. He's grown so slowly that it will be nice to see him in something different--he got to wear many of the same clothes for 2 years in a row. Hannah, on the other hand, grows as fast as I buy her the new clothes. I'd really love a break, so she could get some use out of the clothes I purchase. With her, I've started buying the shirts even bigger (when I can get away with it), just so that we MIGHT get out of this season with the same clothes. She's amazing! At this rate, she'll look like a 12-year-old by summer. And this time it's an UP growth spurt!

Toph really got taller fast, because when we do "back to back" he's about 2 1/2 inches taller. Just last month, they were dead even.

I keep telling the kids to stop growing, but they won't........

No comments: