Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Who Dat? Revealed



Ok, in the Who Dat? post, I asked 3 questions:

1. Who is this?
2. When was this?
3. Why do we care?

I enjoyed all of the comments I've hung onto these many days--didn't want to spoil it for those of you who didn't read fast enough.

To answer the questions:


1. Who is this? That was me! Hard to believe, isn't it? It was my character for a murder mystery party--her name was Sunny Bodine. She was the head of a female biker gang. What you can't see really well in the photos is my (fake) nose ring, my spider tattoo (also fake), and the chaps (that I only wore for the pictures, because they made me too hot).




2. When was this: My good friend, Alicia, and I hosted this murder mystery party on November 1, 1997.





3. Why do we care? YOU probably DON'T, but it was a significant event for me. It was the first social "thing" that I invited Robert to. This was NOT a date, but a party. He was still fairly new to town, and we wanted to get to know him better. For Robert it was significant, because the impression I'd given him was that I was a boring, prudish "Molly" Mormon--and when I answered the door all decked out in my gear, holding my IBC Cream Soda, he realized that his first impression may NOT have been accurate.

I actually blogged about this event in the "Engagement and Marriage" post on Sept. 5. If you are a faithful follower of my blog, then you may have known who that weirdo was.

Incidentally, the hair was achieved through use of Knox Gelatin and purple Kool-aid. I was going for purple spikes, but the purple didn't really show with my brown hair. I will say that it took MANY shampooings to get out--I literally shampooed my hair until I ran out of hot water, and I shampooed it more the next day. Fun times!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Too silly, I remember those photos. You really did rock that outfit!

diane said...

I enjoyed this game. You are a rock star!