Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bye Bye Brain!


Well, as I *think* I blogged about previously, my brain went on vacation in November. It was gone for several weeks. It felt like I was living the movie "50 First Dates" some days. Then my brain made a brief reappearance. It was so nice to have a visit, even though it was short. It now appears that the brain is leaving me again. Hopefully it will be a brief vacation.

At least it has happened before and I know what it is, so it won't freak me out as much. Anyone have any good memory tricks? I put EVERYTHING important in my phone (thank goodness for a "smart" phone!) and in my email. I re-read the email every day, to remind me of what's going on. I park my car in about the same place in the parking lots I frequent--so I don't go walking around looking like and idiot who can't find her car. I have a new computer program, Omnifocus, which helps me manage my "to do" lists and will eventually be able to "talk" to my phone. And I just accept the fact that sometimes my brain needs a vacation.....

So if I totally forget a conversation we've had or ask you the same questions over and over again, just pat me on the head and be patient. The brain will probably come back again!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice picture! I lost my brain years ago and still cannot get it back...all the sudoku and word games don't seem to make a difference. I think we are born with a certain thought limit and once it's been reached that is it!!