Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Round of NOT AGAIN!


Really? Because I didn't have ENOUGH stress? Let's add some more, shall we! This morning, Toph announced that he had a REALLY sore throat. When I tried to feel his lymph nodes, he cried. Seriously? And today, of all days!

I am SO BLESSED to have a Hubs who can work from home, when necessary. He had an important meeting scheduled at 10, and they did it on a conference call for him. His work family SO ROCKS!

I got to work with Hannah's class making "freshwater fish" today (celery with cream cheese and goldfish crackers). I'm the "cooking Mom" each week, and I really enjoy our adventures in cooking. This week is "F" week. I don't come up with the ideas or anything; just show up and do the cooking. It's really fun. I didn't get to make Kite sandwiches with them last week, because I was sick. Another reason I was glad that Robert could be home this morning.

After school, I got to go to the Chiropractor and get put back together again. After being sick for so long, I was a real mess! Now I feel so much better! From there, I got to take my car to the car doctor. The wheels were making a bad noise--turns out I needed all new brakes.....yikes! But it rides like a dream now! And one of my nice visiting teachers was kind enough to pick me up and bring me back home.

Robert took Toph to the doctor's office, because I had an appointment scheduled at the school this afternoon. He texted me at least 10 times with questions from the new patient forms. I joked around that I couldn't exactly send him a blood sample through text--as a joke in response to ALL of the questions. At least Daddy got to see what it's like to start at a new doctor's office. We love the doc (personal friend), but the start-up paperwork is hideous. The rapid strep test was a big negative, but I'm not buying it. We go back tomorrow for our previously scheduled physicals, and we'll check it out then.

When I got back from my school meeting, we went to pick up the new, improved car, and then we just hung out. Toph's fever shot up to 101+ and he was complaining of a REAL BAD headache. Watched a movie all together, and had "eat out of the fridge" for dinner. I'll cook something "real" for dinner tomorrow. I just couldn't deal with it today.

Oh, and my cousin and her husband came into town last night and stayed here--so if Toph has strep, he's been "spreading the love" to all kinds of people! He was at cub scouts last night--totally fine then! Those parents are thanking me right about now.

So, I could REALLY use a health break.
Anyone with influence listening?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So.. can we call you Typhoid Maree?? I'm kidding!!!

I have heard that Green Tea (hot) is a natural astringent so it might help fight off strep.

And on the Doctor subject, last time I took The Boy in, I did mention that the two of you miss ol' Doc Jones (and he asked how you were doing).

Hope you & family get well soon..

diane said...

Are you freaking kidding me? At least you can drive.

Maree said...

Robin, NO, please don't call me Typhoid Maree--don't need the self-fulfilling prophecy. Please DO give Dr. Jones a big hug from us. We do miss him. The new ped. is good, but not Dr. Jones.

Diane, no I'm NOT freaking kidding me, and I can drive but I can't GO anywhere with Typhoid Topher.

Heidi said...

What cousin is visiting you? I hope you guys get this mess under control, I'm sending good thoughts :) I love you

3WimmerBoys said...

I'll pray for a health break for the family!

Anonymous said...

"my cousin" -- hey, that's me!!!!
jeremy did have strep. but his symptoms started a few days earlier, so he didn't catch it from you. he was sick the whole cruise and we finally got him to the doctor and some medicine on monday. i'm strep free so far!!! tap wood! is topher feeling better?