Sunday, April 19, 2009

San Diego Swelter


Last week we had some cold days--low 60's. Yes, that's "cold" for us. It was windy and we got to wear long sleeves.

Today is almost our polar opposite. It's 85 IN MY HOUSE! It's not windy/breezy really, and I'm too stubborn to turn on the a/c. I'm also cheap. It's ONLY APRIL! I don't want to start the a/c cycle yet! I'm waiting until after the sun goes down, but if the house doesn't cool off, the a/c will HAVE to come on!

Fortunately, I know this will be short-lived. It will be "cold" again soon, because this is the season of flip flop weather. And then May and June will be more "cold" than hot.

THEN, in July, when it's hot, it will be okay, because it's supposed to be hot in summer--and Fresno is always hotter!



But today I'm dying! I closed my bedroom door to take a nap this afternoon and turned my bedroom into an oven. You don't feel so rested after THAT kind of nap.

I'm thinking cooler thoughts. Please join me, or we might melt! I'm thinking that dinner tonight needs to be ice cream. And ICE water. Heavy on the ICE.

3 comments:

diane said...

Our thermometer read 101 in our backyard today. That is just not right.

Tina said...

Yeah, where did that come from? Looks like we'll be hot for a couple days, and then back to cooler weather.

Jen said...

I turned my AC on...I am not a nice person if my house gets hotter than 80 degrees. Once I saw 80 I no longer cared about the dollar signs that were being thrown out the window.