Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Treat


I'm not a HUGE fan of Peeps. I can eat one or sometimes two if they're stale. But yesterday I was introduced to a new way of eating them, and it's worth a try....

Microwave that sucker! Put it on a paper plate and nuke for close to 30 seconds (3 Peeps). They will puff up--and explode if you don't take them out in time. They aren't exactly hot when you eat them, but they're melty. And the texture is like taffy. Worth a try! Next time: I'm going to make them into a s'more.

Oh, and thanks Carmen for introducing me to this!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think that the Christmas Jars we made at Super Saturday last year's recipe was awesome with Peeps. They had crushed graham crackers, M&M's and some brown sugar. I pretty much ate the whole pan by myself.

3WimmerBoys said...

My sister in law always eats them this way. She is a huge fan, and a diabetic, so she probably shouldn't be eating them....but oh well.

diane said...

My kids just like to blow them up in the microwave and watch what they morph in to. It's even better when you mix the colors.