Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time FLIES!

Last week was literally a blur. There was SO much packed in.

Monday was hotter than.... well, you know what I'm thinking. We left after school and had FHE at the beach! It was SO nice! It was hot there too, but the FRIGID water helped cool things off. Heaven on Earth, if you ask me!

Tuesday was spent frantically trying to tie up loose ends before the kids' birthday party on Wednesday. Yes, I know my kids are born in December and January. We were moving then, and then we were sick. I'd promised them that for their birthdays they could have a special friend over for a playdate, and that friend could go with us to dinner. I further promised that we'd have a (together) party at Pump It Up! after we'd moved. I think I will always have them celebrate their birthdays in April! It was great! All I had to provide was the cupcakes, drinks, and goodie bags. We had 25 kids jumping and playing in a warehouse full of inflatable play stuff (obstacle course, slide, bounce house, etc.) and then 30 minutes in a party room. And about a million presents! It was so crazy that I didn't get to write down a lot of who got what from whom, so that's making thank you cards a bit dicey. I guess generic will have to do.

Thursday was Hannah's teacher's birthday, so we had our room celebration. The other mothers wanted to do a Tea, and I was in charge of cookies for the munchkins. It was amazing. The Moms really pulled together to create a very nice time for Ms. C. We had PB&J finger sandwiches, fruit, apple juice, and cookies for the kids. The grown-up's had chicken salad and another kind of finger sandwiches, Caesar salad tarts, fruit, and cheesecake. And, of course, there was tea--hot and cold--and served in a pretty tea service. I had apple juice though. Ms. C. got to wear a feather boa and a crown to help her remember that she was the Queen for the day. The class gave her the sparkly crown--AND an engraved box to keep it in! We also gave her a pretty bracelet. I *think* she was feeling the love! In 2 weeks it's teacher appreciation time and she'll be feeling the love ALL week. Gotta LOVE the parent participation here! I've never seen anything like it!

Friday I ran around. I needed to get decorations for the Blue and Gold dinner the cub scouts were having on Saturday. Blue and Gold dinner is like the birthday party for the cub scouts. For us it's a potluck dinner, pack meeting, and cake decorating contest all in one. Robert had a campout with the boy scouts, so I was hangin' with the kids too. Hannah had a playdate after school, and then we all hung out and watched movies. I rented Bedtime Stories and The Tale of Desperaux. Both were very cute, although I enjoyed Bedtime Stories more. Topher said it perfectly, "I can't believe you RENTED this; it's a KEEPER!"

Saturday I was just plain out of energy. I'd started some new meds on Friday, and they weren't happy in me. Most of the day I just dragged about, and then we had the Blue and Gold dinner. I got through that and went to bed early. I didn't even make the cupcakes I said I'd bring--I bought them at the grocery store.

Today I haven't even gotten dressed--and now it's time for bed again. Toph was up 5 times last night (he's having trouble staying asleep) and Hannah was begging for more sleep when I woke her up to go to Church. I'd been up since 3:00 am, and so I was already planning on staying home (and sleeping). Shortly after Robert left for Church, both kids were UP. I made them breakfast and then sent Toph back to try to sleep and sent Hannah to play quietly in her room--yeah, like that was going to happen! I rested in my bed for awhile, but I don't think I ever made it back to sleep. Neither did Toph. We had a lazy, hang out day, and nobody but Robert managed to get dressed. I'm hoping that the kids and I sleep better tonight! I'm not feeling quite as gross today, so that's a good thing. Maybe it won't take too long to adjust to the new meds.

Tomorrow I start preparations for card swap and teacher appreciation, both next week. It's going to be a busy week, that's for sure! At least the weather is cooperating! After 3 blistery hot days (HOT for us), temps went back to "normal" and are currently slightly below normal. I can hang with that! I was afraid that a year-round temperature that was almost the same would get really boring for me. I'll let you know when that ever happens--if it ever happens. I will confess, there are a few times a year when I'm glad I GET to wear long sleeves, but I've adapted to this temperate climate very nicely!

No comments: