Friday, December 19, 2008

Been Thinking About A New Vehicle


Does this count as a vehicle?

Well, I'm certainly grateful for the storm drains here. Where I live and travel there has been very little flooding. It rained and poured for just about 24 solid hours yesterday. Although we really need the rain, picking up the kids from school in a downpour wasn't really my favorite thing to do. I wish we could program the downpours to be NOT at traveling times--like in the middle of the night.

My kids have enjoyed watching the "steam" on the BBQ as the morning sun warms the rain-soaked cover and the water evaporates. Toph was mesmerized the first time for several minutes and could barely tear himself away. Hannah has loved being able to puddle stomp. Unfortunately Toph is wearing a shoe size that is apparently either popular or doesn't really exist. I have been unable to find any size 4 rain boots or cowboy boots. He has not enjoyed NOT puddle stomping!

Things are progressing nicely, and we got to see the nice blue sky today--that's a spirit lifter, even when it's cold outside. Paradise has indeed turned cold. It's forecast that our low will be 37-ish. That's COLD for us! Daytime high of only 60 too. I'm loving it! I also love that I know this is temporary and that soon I'll be wearing my short sleeves again.

I wonder if my purse will go with my new vehicle?

No comments: