Thursday, December 4, 2008

SICK of sick!


Ok, being sick is NOT my favorite thing! Can we just get that out there? I think that there are 2 different versions of "the cough virus" out there. We had "it" in Sept/Oct and the kids coughed and hacked for what seemed forever, but that was all. They complained that their throats hurt after coughing a lot--who doesn't? But they didn't have a fever, weren't real lethargic, and seemed "normal" except for the hacking up a lung all night.

What I have is NOT that one! I think there's another version of "it" that has fatigue with it. When Hannah got "it" the second time, she was lethargic/wiped out. I just attributed that to the whole coughing all night and I'm afraid that I wasn't very compassionate. Now that I've got "it," I know what it's like. There has been this "1st trimester of your first pregnancy" kind of tired. The "let me take a nap so I can go to bed" kind of tired. I'm sure it's partially because I cough ALL night long, so I don't sleep, but it's tired down to the bone marrow. No wonder I haven't done a load of laundry or washed dishes. I was too tired to read sometimes--now THAT'S tired!

Incidentally, last night was the first in 6 that I didn't spend coughing all night! I actually feel somewhat better! But now I have a fever......

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tina said...

bummer! I hope the doc can help you feel better. I've been stuck and home with a sick kid, but I guess that's better than being stuck and home with sick kids and being sick too! so sorry.

3WimmerBoys said...

Feel better soon Maree, we miss you at the park. I hear you are moving, luckily close. When? Where?

diane said...

Sorry you've been feeling crummy.
Have you tried Delsym cough medicine or Mucinex. Nyquil liqui-gel caps are my fav cause they help me sleep.