Friday, December 5, 2008

To Tree or NOT to Tree, That is the Question.....


So, we're moving in January. Boxes are getting packed. Chaos is going to reign here. And that brings us to the question: To tree, or not to tree? We have young kids. They like it when Santa comes to visit. Santa needs a tree, right?

Not this year! Next door neighbors kindly shared a LOT of boxes with us tonight, and now I see just how full my living room is going to be. It's the ONLY place to put our tree, and it's going to be a box maze. So what to do?



We're going to copy my friend, Carmen. Her parents live in a small apartment, and asked her to make a paper Christmas tree to put on the wall. She had her kids make the CUTEST tree with painted hand prints, and then they decorated it with paper ornaments. Not only would this satisfy our kids as a "tree" for Santa, but it will keep them busy to create ornaments. (Ok, that picture is NOT Carmen's tree, but you get the idea.)

All I want for Christmas is 10 of me, 10 of me, 10 of me.
All I want for Christmas is 10 of me
So I can get so very much done!

4 comments:

diane said...

We are both having a very hairy Christmas. You with the move, me with the wedding. Help! I'd like 10 Toms for Christmas. He is more efficient than I am.

lisa said...

that tree idea would have been great for me last year. this year we have our first real tree!

lisa said...

this year we have our first real tree! it's a coast redwood, soooo pretty!

Harper Family said...

I was hoping you wouldn't end up having to move. Let me know the details and let me know if you need any help. You can send your kids over any time or I can come and box up things for you.