Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Functionally Techno-Tarded

I've been thinking a LOT about how fortunate I am to be married to a geek. In our home, "geek" is not a bad thing--it's GREAT.

There are cords and cables running to every form of entertainment we have. And it gets pretty complicated. And I'm pretty sure I couldn't figure out how to connect it all myself. We wouldn't have even half of the cool stuff we have if I made all of the decisions.

It seems to me that many people start to suffer from being techno-tarded as they get closer to 40 (yes, some folks seem to suffer sooner than others). Well, it won't be so long before I hit that decade, and I find myself getting worried. Technology progresses so rapidly, I fear I may some day be left in the dust.

For now, I'll just keep working hard to keep up, and I'll be happy that I can consider myself funtionally techno-tarded. I'll also be thankful for my NUMERO UNO GEEK and all that he does for me. But if I ever get to the point that I can't work the TV remotes, the microwave, or the answering machine someone please shoot me!

1 comment:

lisa said...

i love my geek, also!!