Monday, July 21, 2008

From the South?

For MANY years I've been asked what part of the south I come from--people are trying to place my accent. This always amuses me because I lived in Fresno for 36 years--nowhere else until I moved to San Diego. I guess now I can tell them that I live in SOUTHERN California.

I realize that I say y'all, but I don't think I really have an accent. Robert always gets nervous when we spend time in the actual South--because then my "accent" gets stronger. He jokingly forbids me to listen to people talk when we're there.

I think a southern accent is cute. I wouldn't mind having one.

1 comment:

Christin said...

I grew up in the south (Georgia) and I don't have an accent. If I'm around people with an accent or watch Gone With the Wind then it comes out a little bit. My husband says it comes out sometimes when I'm angry too. I agree that they are cute, on women. On men they just sound stupid, in my opinion.