Thursday, July 3, 2008

Livin' in PARADISE

Have I mentioned that I LOVE it here? I do! Don't get me wrong, there ARE some things I don't like about here too, but that's for another post.....

WEATHER is one of the things I LOVE about here. Sure, May and June are unpredictable and often chilly. September mornings and afternoons feel like we've stepped onto the surface of the sun. When the Santa Ana winds blow, we end up trying to electrocute ourselves with all of the static electricity. But on the whole, it's pretty freakin' WONDERFUL here most of the time!

Take, for example, a simple temperature comparison. It's a little bit after midnight, and it's a comfortable 62 outside (it does feel a BIT warmer than that, but you can't argue with weather.com). In Fresno, land of my birth, right now it's 78 and it won't get much cooler until about 3:30 am. The hotter the day, the longer it takes to cool too. So when it's 108 for the high temperature, it will still be in the high 90's at midnight--ouch! We complain here when it gets hot (like that 107 the weekend my parents were here visiting), BUT it always cools down at night. By the time the sun goes down, it has started to cool, and you can usually feel the breeze.

It don't get much better than that! Yeah, I LOVE it here!

No comments: