Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mom, I have gills.

So, my crazy Hannah announced to me more than a month ago that she had gills. We argued about this for awhile, and I explained that FISH have gills, enabling them to breathe under water.

Well, I apparently know NOTHING (yikes, it's starting early) because Hannah leaned to the side and SHOWED me her gills.......



It's no use trying to tell her that the lines in her skin (uh, rolls) AREN'T gills, because she's convinced! Again, the value of Entertainment a la Hannah doesn't disappoint!

Oh, I forgot! When we were visiting with Aimee's family in Fresno, Uncle Matt asked Hannah if she could breathe through her gills, and she put her hand up to her gills and said that she COULD feel the air--completely serious!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

gills! i love it! those are the good stories you will hold on to for later on - when she's a teenager.

your goodreads widget looks great! i'm glad you got it all figured out. and when does midnight sun come out? i thought she was still just writing it whenever she had time...

Robert Givens said...

Maree should move to Alaska where it is daylight at Midnight this time of year. If you blogged all day it would be for 21 hours!
Hey, maybe Hannah was wanting to be one of the wildlife like on the 21st post! :-))

diane said...

I love your mermaid!

Jen said...

That Hannah is so amusing!! You can never say your life is boring with her around!