Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Land of the FLIES......

I feel like we're living in the land of the flies. I realize that I'm not a top notch house-keeper, but this is beyond bad--and NOT related to my cleaning or lack thereof. I had been especially thorough in and around the kitchen and still there were the FLIES! There have been SO many flies about my kitchen the last couple of days--and hanging outside of my kitchen window.

Today, I started to put two and two together--there MUST be something dead outside. There was. Remember, we live on the side of a hill/mountain. We've seen the wildlife on the OTHER side of the chain-link fence. This time it was on our side--a rat--dead and STINKY.

My KNIGHT in shining armor disposed of it for me. Now all is right with the universe again, and in 2 more days, the flies will be a distant memory.

I wonder if Smoky the cat was bringing me a thank you present for my part in saving his life? I need to teach him about chocolate.

3 comments:

lisa said...

i hate it when a fly gets in the house and buzzes around for a week. i mean, aren't they only susposed to live 24 hrs? why do i always get the methusela flies?

Harper Family said...

I hate flies and even though I don't think we have anything dead right around our house, I've noticed that there are more flies around this year.

Laura Keith said...

EWWW! Yuck! Heidi can empathize. She has a mouse in her house... but it's alive. I'd much rather see it dead outside, but still... ewww! Fun stuff! Robert, you are awesome!