Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Google Reader just discovered, Thanks Robert!

Leave it to my head geek to know about something as fabulous as Google Reader!

Why? Because Google Reader will keep track of every blog you stalk and every website you like to visit, and you can check Google Reader to see if your stalking subjects have posted something new! It's genius!

Perhaps I'm the only one living under a rock, and unacquainted with this.....

How? For those of you unfamiliar with it, give it a try! If you already use Blogger, you already have an account. Just find it and set it up (clicky clicky directions). Robert did this part for me, so I can't really be more specific. Here's the website for Google Reader--go take a tour.
http://www.google.com/help/reader/tour.html


This is the RSS Feed Symbol--found on most blog websites.


Then, for every blog you like to stalk and every website you visit often, find the "subscribe" part at the end or click on the RSS feed symbol in the location bar of your browser. That will take you to a Google Reader page where you can choose to "add to Google Reader." The first time you see it in your Google Reader, it will be bold and you'll have all prior posts to scroll through (undoubtably, Robert knows a shortcut for this). Once that's done, it's a piece of cake! Check Google Reader, and if a person's name is bold, they've posted something new. You can look at it, pictures and all, within Google Reader.

The only downside to this is that you don't see the cool backgrounds or hear the music. And I'm not sure if you can post comments from Reader. When I want to hear someone's music or make a comment, I go directly to their page.

I'M LOVING GOOGLE READER!
Many thanks (again) to my head geek, Robert!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sound pretty nifty...I will have to check it out.

Sunshine said...

Thank you, Thank you for sharing this info! Since I don't have a head geek, I will use yours, secondhand-ly of course!

Tina said...

I just had to comment and thank you for clueing us in on the Google Reader. Now that I have a blog and I want to keep track of everyone else's posts, I can't live without it! It's so great. And my sister thanks you too!
PS - I hope you are feeling better soon!