Monday, April 21, 2008

What a WONDERFUL weekend!

Our weekend started on Thursday, when we came home from Disneyland.

We surprised the family by coming home early and taking everyone for Cheeburger.

Friday, Robert went to work early, and we sprang Toph from school early. We picked up Robert and headed over to the Flower Fields. There really aren't words--GORGEOUS!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the flowers. I can't necessarily grow them, but I love to look at them. I'd love to have a yard full of them--I could even do without grass, if I could have LOTS of flowers to gaze upon. We wandered and took a tractor ride around the place. I missed my rose garden from our old house--all the blood, sweat, and work that it included! The kids got their passports stamped all around the place. We enjoyed the sweet pea maze. Then we went to the Milton's Restaurant (as in Milton's BREAD). FANTASTIC!




Saturday we had to take Grandma back to the airport, and that was the only thing that marred our moods. It was sad to say good-bye, because we loved having her visit. After that, we wandered around Point Loma for awhile. Cool tidepools and GREAT wave smashing. I think smelling flowers and watching waves smash on rocks is my idea of Heaven on Earth, and I got to do both! The rocks at Morro Bay were my favorite place to just "be" and think, but I think I could get used to Point Loma--much closer! After that, we were home for a couple of hours and then went to some friends' for great BBQ and socializing.

Sunday we got to go to Church again, and that was great! The kids were even pretty good. The sun came back for a short visit again yesterday too, so it wasn't as cold as Saturday was.

All in all, a pretty FABULOUS weekend! Can we do it again soon?

2 comments:

award said...

Beautiful flowers! I LOVE Milton's... we have gone there too! Make sure to pack Hannah's green shirt w/ hearts (in the flower pics) to wear when you come to Fresno. Maddy has the same one :-)!

Jen said...

It sounds like an all in all good weekend! Glad to hear it.