Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Growing Pains

Well, it must be something in the air. Both kids have sprouted like weeds.

Someone told me last week that Hannah looked taller. She is! I'm glad she's finally getting her UP growth. She tends to grow out, and then up. We've been waiting for the up. This time her appetite hasn't gone buzonkers, but she's definitely been more tired. I think she grew an inch in a week. CRAZY! This means more new clothes! The kid is going to put us in the poor house! It's the shoes that are the worst! I buy all clothes as big as I can when I purchase them. This allows them to be worn AFTER washing, and hopefully longer than a month. Same with shoes. Well, we bought shoes when school started, and that was mid-August. With an "up" spurt, that means we'll be needing new shoes soon..... UGH!

Toph tried to put on his black Church shoes on Sunday. No can do. He looked taller to me too, but the shoes are proof. He's on the rise. With Toph it's VERY easy to tell. He grows a hollow leg. His other leg hurts all the time--growing pains. It comes on suddenly and lasts a couple of weeks (maybe a month) and then he's just bigger. He already looks so big to me. I can hardly believe this almost 8-year-old is my baby! I have been telling him "STOP GROWING!" for about 3 years now. He just flashes me that 100-carat smile and replies, "You know I can't." When he was littler, he'd look all confused when I'd say it. SO cute!

I've told Hannah to stop growing too. She is SO disobedient! (ha ha, like she could control it!) Last year, at her physical, the doctor said that she was the size of a 7-year-old (she was just 5). Now she's looking like an 8- or 9-year-old. CRAZY! It's hard, because she really IS just 5/6. She LIKES the little girl stuff--Dora, princesses, Hello Kitty, etc. It's so hard to find THAT stuff in the sizes she wears. Most of the clothes are mini-adult with an emphasis on hussy. Hannah does not need any hussy clothes to inspire her! :-)

I love my kids. The time just FLIES by so FAST! Where does it go? I've been scrapbooking lately, and I see pictures of them as little babies and toddlers, and I'm having growing pains too.....

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Last time I saw the kiddos they were so big and now when I see them in December I'm sure I won't even recognize them! Love you guys:)

award said...

Too cute... I always tell my kids to stop growing, too!

3WimmerBoys said...

We always want to have the "Golden Child" who doesn't ever get bigger. I don't want this stage of life to end. Why do they have to get bigger!

Sunshine said...

In case you read this late comment, Payless is having their Bogo sale right now...at least it's some sort of a discount!