Friday, October 17, 2008

The Language of Prayer......

Hannah is a constant source of amusement to us, as a faithful reader will know. In almost every facet of her life, she strives to amuse.... prayer is no different.

Being the independent soul that she is, Hannah hasn't allowed us to help her in quite some time. When she was little, she had to say almost every prayer--sometimes we'd have more than one person pray, so that all would get a chance.

Until about 2 weeks ago, Hannah was on a "welcome" kick. "Welcome to this day. Welcome we have such a beautiful planet. Welcome for our blessings....." She substituted "we thank thee" with "welcome." My baby sister said some of those same things when she was a girl, so it was like a deja vu thing for me.

Well, we finally are over the "welcome" and have moved on. Now her prayers begin with "Our Heaven in Father..." Once corrected, now she asks almost every time. For some reason, she can't/won't remember "Father in Heaven" or "Heavenly Father" and we get to snicker about this.

Toph, on the other hand, amuses us in his own way..... VERY often for the bedtime prayer, he starts off by asking for a blessing on the food--oops! Then he stops himself and starts over. In every prayer he offers, he prays (usually multiple times) to "help us have a good time/fun time together." Always the proper focus--let's have fun!

I love my kids. I love the way they enrich my life--even when it's through amusement. I love the things they teach me too (besides patience). They are deeper than we give them credit for. They understand far more than we think. They are in tune. We can learn a lot from them.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

I agree. What cute little things your kids are saying. It's nice to have them written down now so that you can remember them. Oh, and I really like your blog layout and background!

Jen said...

I think the prayers of children are too sweet. My kids have been praying for their grandma's knee to get better for over 5 years now. Not one prayer has gone by that they haven't mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

cute!

3WimmerBoys said...

I LOVE listening to kids pray. It reminds us why we are told to all be like little children. They are so sincere, and truly ask for what they deem most important. I love hearing what those things are.

Shelly said...

I think I learn the most from my kids!!! I sure do miss you guys!!!! (O:

Shelly said...

I learn the most from my kids!!! I sure do miss you guys!!! (O:

diane said...

I love kid prayers. They are the best. I miss them around here.

Laura Keith said...

my kids do the blessing on the food for every prayer too! you think that we never feed them by how grateful they are for food! hehehe!