Friday, February 13, 2009

Better than Bankers' Hours

Our new Property Management Company is quite a bit different than the old. An alternate title to this post would be: SO NOT LOVING the PMC.

They're open Monday-Friday, 10-5, but don't count on anyone being there during business hours. Last week I drove down to deliver something, and found the office CLOSED. At 11:40 on a Monday. No note, no explanation, nobody there. I put my papers through the door slot and called to request a call back to verify that they actually got the papers. TWO HOURS LATER I got a call back--"Sorry, we were at lunch."

Seriously? Lunch after being at work for less than 2 hours, and a 2-hour lunch?! Must be nice. I've never had a job like that.

I had a repair order--several repairs, actually. I was told that they'd email the maintenance guy and he'd call me to set up an appointment. If I didn't hear from him by the end of the week, call them back. Now it's 11 days AFTER that day. So I called yesterday afternoon at 4:20 to let them know--guess what? Nobody answered the phone. I wonder if they were having an early dinner? Not only did the guy never call me, but when the PMC called me today at 3:40, they gave me Rigo's number so I could call him myself. Now, why not do that in the first place? Rigo is coming Monday between 12-1. I'm not holding my breath. Promptness does NOT seem to be a characteristic of this PMC.

Somehow the "dumb and dumber plumbers" we had at the old house aren't seeming so bad.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow, what a crazy run around!