Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homage to my HONEY!


UGH! I've neglected to publicly chronicle something major.

Last week, I tried to kill myself (NOT literally!). I decided that I could not live with the condition of the garage. It was my brilliant idea to take all of the boxes OUT of the garage and then re-load the boxes in some kind of order. That way, when I'm looking for something that WAS in the living room, I can go to the living room pile and find it faster. I also was looking for the box that had our scriptures and our shoes (beyond what we were wearing at the time of the move).

Well, I got 2/3 of the garage unpacked onto the driveway. One of my neighbors saw the boxes and asked, "You're not moving again already, are you?" NO, it just felt like it! Boy, book boxes are HEAVY! I'd neglected to eat anything for breakfast that morning too (no lectures, I know!), and when Robert called me at 2 pm to ask me to do something for him, I lost it. I was just overwhelmed. I was hungry. I was TIRED. I was wondering HOW I was going to leave to get the kids from school with all of the stuff left in the driveway. I cried. I didn't mean to, and it wasn't a ploy for sympathy, but I cried.

About 10 minutes after that conversation with my Hubs, he called me to say that he was ALMOST HOME!!! He felt bad that he hadn't helped more, and he took the rest of the day off to rescue me. I cried more! How sweet! He came home and did the rest of the heavy lifting, and we managed to get the garage into order. I don't think I'd have finished without Robert's help. I was beyond pooped.

So, Honey, YOU ROCK!!!! Thanks for rescuing me!!! I love you!!!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

What a great guy!

US... said...

I love this story. Kudos for Robert. :)

Maree said...

Yes, he is!