Friday, February 20, 2009

Little Tarts

Oh. My. Gosh. DELICIOUS!!!

So we did our belated Valentine's day dessert this afternoon. It's something I cooked with Hannah's class at school, so I knew we could do it. Little tarts--mine with boysenberry pie filling. YUMMY!!!

First, we made instant pudding with the stick blender. I just have to say that cheesecake flavor is going to be the favored flavor. Gotta LOVE instant pudding. Put it in the fridge until you're ready for it.

Next, we put graham crackers in big ziplock baggies. Mashed the heck out of them until they were dust. Then we added enough butter to get the mess to stick together. Knead it until the butter is distributed and well-mixed.

After the "crust" is properly kneaded, spoon about 2 Tbsp. into paper lined muffin tins and smash it down. We found that using the bottom of a small cup worked well for the little ones. Once the crust is smashed, spoon on about 2 Tbsp. of pudding--NOT up to the very top of the cup, or you'll never get it out of the muffin tin. For those willing, a small spoonful of pie filling tops it off nicely.



ENJOY! Kids had theirs "naked" and I really enjoyed boysenberry. I think my favorite pudding flavor was the cheesecake, and if I'd eaten it "naked," cheesecake would have been definitely my favored flavor. But when eating with a berry flavor too, the pudding flavor is not as important.



All in all, this was a cooking activity we REALLY enjoyed. And dessert BEFORE dinner? Priceless!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

we might just have to try this one. how fun! mmmmm.... boysenberry....

Jen said...

How fun and delicious!