Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Little Bookworm


For Valentine's Day, Hannah got a Junie B. Jones book. She is SO FUN to watch when she opens presents. "Woo Hoo! It's what I've always wanted!" She's animated and just FUN to watch.

She did not disappoint when she opened her Valentine's presents. She LOVED getting "her very own chapter book" and she's been reading every night before bed. The deal with the kids is that if they're in bed by 8:15, they can read until 8:30. Last night she was supposed to go right to sleep, but (according to the informant) Hannah read "for only like 5 minutes." This morning, Hannah did not come in our room to announce that she'd awakened (THAT'S a first!), but we found her in bed, reading.

My little bookworm (said with reverence and awe) has read 19 pages!!! Then we sat in my chair and read some more together. She's doing pretty good on her own--not getting ALL of the content, but she's trying. I'm so proud of my little bookworm!

2 comments:

Laura Keith said...

Awwwhhhh... just like her mommy! How cute is that?!!!

Heidi said...

how can she not like books :) too cute, I love you guys