Friday, February 20, 2009

Honey Love.....

Warning: If you do not want to be subjected to spousal goo, don't read this--you've been warned. No whining.

My Honey did something unexpected today--2 things, actually. He came home after early-morning surfing to shower and exchange cars, as today was car wash day at work, and the Honda NEEDS it. But I guess I was grumpier than usual. He showered and then asked if I wanted the good or bad news first. Always give me the bad first--then I have something to look forward to.

Bad news: The car was not going to be washed today (thus ensuring that we will NOT get rain this weekend, in case you had plans).

Good news: I could go back to bed, because my Honey arranged to work from home until it was time to leave for the scout campout. I didn't lose any time; I went to bed immediately. After finding it almost impossible to sleep last night, and being worried about Hannah's bark, I mean cough, I was TIRED.



I guess I fell back to sleep, because at some point I realized that I was dreaming. Then I was pretty sure I was dreaming, as I heard sounds from downstairs that sounded like my family setting up a Wii Fit! But it hurt when I pinched myself, and so I went downstairs. And what, to my wondering eyes, did I see? My little ones on a Wii Fit balance board!

Now, I was initially AGAINST the acquisition of a Wii. They are, after all, the COMPETITION (although Robert assures me that they will NEVER be able to compete). And we do have quite enough video game systems, thank you very much. But then I saw my Fresno Family playing--and off of the couch. So we got a Wii (such lemmings we are!). Then, after seeing Wii Fit last July, I've been trying to buy it. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. You'd think I was trying to buy the stinking Holy Grail (not the movie). CAN'T find one anywhere! But I've heard a lot of, "oh, we had them an HOUR/DAY ago!" I've bid on Ebay too, but I'm too cheap to pay more than I'd pay if I could find it at Target or Costco or Game Stop. So we are like the ONLY humans on the whole planet who don't have Wii Fit--until today! I don't even want to know how much........

Yes, I'm aware that it shows your BMI and adjusts your Wii character to "look" like your BMI says you should look. I'm not real excited about that--especially as it relates to my kids. I am NOT excited to see my kids making 11-pound weight loss goals either. We will be discussing the whole BMI thing and making sure that the kids understand that a VIDEO GAME is NOT qualified to determine if/how much weight needs to be lost. And if I think that the kids are getting obsessed about it, they won't get to play on it that way. But for now, they're EXCITED to exercise, so bring it on!

And, NO, I haven't been on it yet. That will have to wait until there are NO witnesses, as I do not want my personal information broadcast for anyone else to see. And I don't need anyone else to see a VIDEO GAME tell me I weigh to much. I'll save that humiliation for when I'm alone. But the kids go back to school Monday (let's pray them back into good health, ok?)...... I can't wait!

Again, Honey, YOU ROCK!!!

5 comments:

3WimmerBoys said...

He does rock, that is awesome. Tell him to pass his ideas around!

Jen said...

I think I already told you how much my kids love my mother in laws Wii Fit. I am glad that you guys finally got one. It amazes me how hard they are to find. I myself have found the balance games quite fun.

Unknown said...

For what it's worth, on the fitness end, EA's coming out with EA Sports Active with some home-workout kind of stuff.. and We Ski is kinda cute and fun for some at-home snow skiing.

And, for the geekish angle, some German hackers have found a way to rig it up into Google Earth so you could surf that Big Kahuna from Hawaii to home or be the Silver Surfer and surf the Swiss Alps.

Glad you got one, they're a lot of fun. I laughed a lot the first time I got pegged in the head with a Cleat and a Panda head on the Soccer Goalie game.

Heidi said...

Robert is so awesome and you are so lucky and deserving of such a wonderful man :)

award said...

YEAH!!!! Tell me how you like it! I still do my Wii Yoga everyday. It's AWESOME!