Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

We had a nice, relaxing Valentine's weekend. I spent the better part of Saturday morning at Urgent Care to get medicine for my ear infection. That's right, last weekend I was down with "it" (germ of the week), and this weekend, I got to be in serious pain with an ear ache. Only the second in my life (that I can remember), and OUCH!!! I know why little kids cry! I didn't notice until I went to bed on Friday.

And, speaking of Friday, I got an early Valentine's present from my Honey. It came in the mail--a PajamaGram. He sent me the most cozy pair of flannel PJ's! They came in a beautiful, organza gift box with a lavender sachet and an "unwinding" door sign. NICE! Thanks Honey!!!!

The rest of Saturday, we just hung out. We watched movies and read books and played video games and we just stayed home. Until the last-minute Wal-Mart run I made with Hannah. Grandma D sent the kids Valentine's cards with stickers and Wal-Mart gift cards. The money was burning a hole in Hannah's hand and she COULDN'T STAND IT, so I took her--more to get her out of the house than anything else. I wouldn't buy her a stuffed animal earlier in the week--like she NEEDS another one?! So Hannah used her Wal-Mart money to buy a stuffed animal. It's a little teddy bear that's holding a small balloon that says "I love you." If I thought they'd have any left on Monday, I'd have tried to persuade her to wait. She was in 7th heaven! We also found a metal Princess "purse" that she bought with allowance money. She's poor now, but has a nice little purse and a new stuffed animal.

Saturday night was a painful experiment in sleeping on a different side--it didn't go well. Sunday I spent sleeping much of the day in my recliner. Another quiet day--and I stayed in my PJ's all day!

Monday it was raining here (SO rare, and on a holiday!). We unpacked some boxes and cleaned up some and welcomed the repair guy. Toph was in 7th heaven, as he played video games pretty much ALL day. Sometimes with Dad and other times alone. It was a gift to him to let him just video veg all day--not something I'll let him do the rest of vacation, but every one in awhile, I don't have a problem with it. We had a fun "veg" day.

Now Daddy has gone back to work, and we're trying to figure out what we're doing here. The kids and I will spend today (a sometimes rainy day) unpacking some more boxes and just hanging at home. The rest of the week is supposed to be pretty nice, so we'll hit the Science museum and Legoland this week.

I LOVE living here, and I LOVE my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys get the whole week off?!