Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bite Me!

I went to the Dentist yesterday! First time in more than NINE years!

Last time I went to the dentist, I'd had to start with a new one. My dental insurance was an HMO, and I could no longer go to my familiar, "good," dentist. Most of the HMO choices were names that sounded like they were going to be limited English speaking. Say what you will, I have a hard time going to a doctor where I wonder if we're understanding each other..... I have no problem with limited English speaking, but if I'M paying for a service (especially from a doctor), I want to EASILY understand what's being said--and know that the doctor understands me. It's a stereotype, I know!

So I picked from the limited list, and my experience was so traumatic that I haven't been back. I decided I'd bite the big one and return to a Dentist when I got my kids going--THAT didn't happen either....

Our landlords recommended our dentist when we moved in. They said he was nice, gentle, and that he used the new ultrasonic technology. I sent Robert first. He said the Dentist was GREAT! So I decided to go too.....

It wasn't as bad as I'd made it out to be! I have 2 TINY cavities, and the teeth next to them have "old school" fillings that should be replaced. The dental assistant said, "wow, your teeth look good for someone who hasn't been to the dentist in such a long time."

My dental hiatus is over! Thank you, Anne for the recommendation!

No comments: