Friday, August 29, 2008

Customer Service--not so much.....

Today I got a request from my cell phone company to call them. I came home and found my bill in the mail--$2871.20!

Remember my post about when Robert went to Vegas and got cloned? When he was resolving the whole cloning thing, the fraud department told him that they couldn't tell him what calls, if any, were made by the cloned phone. He'd have to wait until the bill came and then they'd be able to resolve it.

So I quickly called 611. I explained to the guy that I had charges on my bill from when my husband's phone was cloned and he put me on hold......for like 8 minutes. Came back on the line and told me that he had to check with the fraud department and that they'd be happy to issue me a credit, but that their computers are down right now....are you kidding me? These are the people who only work M-F, until 5 pm. Because fraud doesn't happen on the weekends.... Monday is a holiday, so are they working? Maybe....

So, I'm not paying this bill--no matter if the fraud people are working Monday or not. We'll get it resolved with their computers, but this is really getting annoying! I'd like my problems to be resolved in the FIRST customer service call I make, not the second or third. UGH!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

WOOOOW! That's amazing! I didn't know you could incure that many charges on a cell phone! Good luck!

diane said...

You're lucky you got to speak to an actual human. I despise getting stuck in automated phone hell. Press 1 for customer service , press 2 to trigger a migraine, press 3 to go completely mad...