Thursday, August 7, 2008

My New Obsession


Well, I have re-discovered ebay. I have used it before, when looking for some hard-to-find shoes and toys for the kids. I was talking to my sister a few days ago about a scrapbooking tool I wanted, and she suggested ebay......

Now I've been watching, like one possessed, to see if I "win" anything.

So far, I've purchased a pair of shoes. I've bid on 30 video game things--haven't won a single one. I've bid on several of the scrapping tools too. Time will tell.

Even Toph is into it. I found some video games he's wanted (Pokemon gold, Mario Kart Races, etc.) and he was SO excited when I put in a bid. He didn't quite understand when I didn't care that I was outbid....something about paying more for it on ebay than I could get it at Target.....

Still haven't managed to find Wii Fit tough. It's practically IMPOSSIBLE to find locally, so if any stalkers out there find it, CALL ME!!! Because I'm not paying more on ebay than I can buy it for in a local store--so I probably won't win any of my bids. I'm being patient, but I REALLY WANT THIS ONE! (The world might be coming to an end soon--I want a video game?!)

Gotta go...It has been 3 minutes and I haven't checked in on my bids...... :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Fit, we watched the local sunday ads and got down there near opening. It was at Best Buy where we got it and there was a line. But at Target, a year ago for our Wii, I just got there around 11a and picked one up. It might be a decent strategy, assuming your Sunday commitments don't conflict.

And on Kart, if/when you do get it, maybe we can exchange some friend codes for an across-the-net race day..

Sunshine said...

I happened upon the Fit at Costco a week or two ago. Don't know if they'd still have them or will have gotten more shipments in. If I stumble on another, I'll give you a call.

Maree said...

Uh, c0demonkey, do we know each other???

award said...

I think I unleashed an Ebay monster!!! Good luck on the bids... Keep me posted!