Monday, August 25, 2008

Murphy's Law: Health

So 2 weeks ago Robert went to Vegas to a conference, where his phone got cloned. He also came home with cold symptoms that he attributed to "getting Vegas out of the sinuses." I agreed with him until the kids started in.....

Then I got it last week. I started in with some symptoms last Sunday. It got a little worse on Monday. By Tuesday evening I was running a fever. Wednesday I really didn't feel good. Thursday I used my new part-time empty nest time to SLEEP. I dropped off the kids at school and slept until I needed to pick them up in the afternoon. I felt more human--go figure! Friday I worked in both classes, and by Friday night I knew I'd done too much. Saturday and Sunday I spent in bed or in my recliner--with a 100 fever all of Saturday. I was SO BORED! But the rest was necessary, because I'm better now. My energy level still isn't up to par, but I haven't had a fever since Saturday. I'm not coughing my guts out any more. I am able to sleep a bit more comfortably.

My first week as a part-time empty nester, and I spent it in bed! How dumb is that?! I guess I was blessed with the timing though, because I didn't have to worry about taking care of anyone else all day.

No comments: