Monday, August 25, 2008

Murphy's Law: Weekends

Last Friday, all-day long school had caught up with Hannah. I went in AT THE LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE to wake her up, and was met with, "but I'm so tired Mama." I assured Hannah that she could sleep in as late as she wanted to on Saturday, but that she had to get up NOW.

Fridays we usually let the kids stay up a little bit later than usual, BECAUSE they can sleep in later on Saturdays. Why don't we ever learn? I'm thinking a bit of parental retardation must be in effect. Kids stayed up until 9:30 Friday night.

BEFORE 8 on Saturday morning, my Hannah (remember, she's the NIGHT OWL?) was up and chipper. She came in the bedroom all jazzed up to show me her human alphabet. She spent the next 15 minutes doing various ABC poses. After she'd posed for as many of the ABC's as she could do, she lined up pillows on the floor the length of my bed--this was her stage. She then proceeded to have me give her words to spell. She posed for each letter of the word as she worked her way down the "stage."

It was really cute, but WHY? WHY ON A SATURDAY MORNING??? What happened to my girl who willingly slept until at least 10? What is it about weekends that makes the kids wake up so much earlier than usual? On a side note, my "early bird" boy slept until about 8:30--much later than usual.

1 comment:

diane said...

They hate naps when they are little and then when they are teens they love to nap.