Friday, August 22, 2008

Working in the Classrooom!

I have had an amazing morning! I got to volunteer in both kids' classrooms! Most teachers don't want the parents to help yet--establish rules and routines and all that jazz. Hannah's teacher is ALONE for the first time in Kindergarten--usually the PM teacher helps the AM teacher and vice versa. I get to put the communication folders together AND I get to be the cooking Mom! I don't know what we'll be cooking, but Mrs. C. assures me that it's simple and fun. Since I used to teach cooking, it will be fun to do what I love--with a much younger audience.

In Toph's room I got to help with some initial reading assessments. Piece of cake stuff. And I'll be doing something else with reading later on. Fridays in Toph's class are FUN! They get to take their shoes off, have stuffed animals, read special "Friday" books, and listen to nice classical music.

I had SO MUCH FUN!!! It was, to quote Hannah, "Totally Awesome" to be in the classroom again. It was even better to be there on volunteer terms, so I could leave when I was done.

I loved seeing both kids in action as well as seeing both teachers in action. Working in the classroom will probably be my favorite part of my weeks. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful school and wonderful teachers for my kiddos. We're going to enjoy this year A LOT!

1 comment:

lisa said...

yay cooking mom!!!