Saturday, June 7, 2008

EEEEEEWWWWWW!

So, Toph and I have the stomach flu. It's not fun. It started about noon for me yesterday. I called Robert in the early afternoon to warn him that he might need to stand in the swim lesson sign-up line for me, since I wasn't traveling at the moment. No sooner had I hung up with my sweetie then Toph's school called. He'd barfed all over the teacher's desk--so they wanted him to come home early. Go figure!

On a side note, when I called Robert to inform him of the current situation and that he WOULD have to stand in line for me, he came home right away so that he could take care of us. What a guy! He stood in the eternal line too and managed my first choice for swim lessons!

Toph spent a quiet afternoon and evening. I convinced him to drink something around dinner time, and he actually felt like eating something at 8. He didn't have a fever and was acting "normal" so I was optimistic that he was getting better.

Not so much. When I went to check on him before I went to bed, there he was, my beautiful boy, surrounded by puke all over his bed! Yep, he'd barfed in his sleep! THAT was fun to clean up! All I can say is I'm SO thankful that Robert pulled out the trundle and that Toph wasn't asleep in his bunk bed!

Toph is better today. He ate oatmeal for breakfast and he ate lunch, and he's not complaining of stomach pain or suffering in any way. He's actively playing his current favorite video game, and is fine. Me? Not so much. I'm hoping to start processing food again in the near future. Oops! Gotta RUN!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, so sorry you are sick!

Alicia said...

Okay...one question...does Topher have 4 beds!? You said that he was sleeping in one, there was a trundle and then a bunk bed... Wow! :) I hope you feel better soon!

Heidi said...

Poor Toph, and YOU! You know what to do; lots of chicken soup, fluids, and rest. I love you guys, I hope your better soon. And that remote below sounds awesome!

Maree said...

Just in case readers come back to see if I comment on a comment--I thought I'd give an update: Toph was really better yesterday. I have mostly re-joined the human race today (Sunday). I'm pretty sure that we'll be totally fine by tomorrow! Hip Hip Hooray! Also, Toph does not have 4 beds. He has a loft bed with a trundle--basically a bunk bed with desk and dresser and then a trundle for the bottom bunk. :-)

Harper Family said...

I'm glad he is doing better because I was worried that he might be coming down with the Chickenpox :)

diane said...

Sorry about the puke fest...not fun!

Becca said...

Oh I'm sorry that you guys have been sick, I'm glad that you are getting better! I'm glad you have such a wonderful husband who helps when you need it most!! It's no fun to be sick!! Keep us posted on everything!!

US... said...

Ewwwww is right. That really sucks, being sick. I hope that you feel better. LOVES

Jen said...

I am so sorry...why does every virus have to hit the poor Nickel household? Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. I totally miss you!!