Monday, June 2, 2008

Whirlwind 45 Hours

We went to Fresno for the weekend, to attend my Dad's retirement dinner, and had a whirlwind 45 hours!

Friday we got to feel like rock stars! We arrived at my Sister's house, and the cousins were outside and ran up to the car while yelling, "They're here!" We felt so famous! We had fun saying hello and then ran to the chiropractor. WOW, I feel a LOT better! I haven't found a chiropractor here yet, and Dr. "J" has a technique he uses on my foot that is torture and tickles and the the feet feel SO good. It is definitely something I look forward to. After that we had dinner with Hannah's "boyfriend" and Robert's friend, Stevo. Then it was back to Aimee's house to play with cousins until late into the night.

Saturday morning started EARLY (my kids are always so excited to be with cousins that they can't sleep). We went to my parents' and saw more cousins. Then we visited my Grandpa for awhile. The kids were really disappointed, because Grandpa Birdie has a poodle named Ruby. Hannah and Topher just couldn't understand why the dog wouldn't want love from kids who LOVE pets! We tried to explain that Ruby was an grumpy old lady dog who didn't like to be touched. After that, we visited my Aunt Bonnie and her family--including puppies Lolly and Chewy who DO like to be touched! The kids had a great time and the adults had a nice visit and then it was back to Aimee's for some more cousin play time. This time to the pool! Toph and Hannah were the only kids who stayed in the pool for the entire 2 hours! Hannah really worked on her swimming skills. It was great! Then we got the babysitter and the grown-ups went to my Dad's party.

Sunday morning started early for Me, as Toph woke me up at 2 AM, crying. "Do we HAVE to leave tomorrow? Can't we stay another day?" The cousins had a couple more hours to play and then it was off to Grandma D's house in Kingsburg (Robert's Mom). We had a nice visit and lunch and then it was back on the road.

We got home around 6 last night--a whirlwind 45 hours!

Toph is not the only one glad that the next time we're there we get to stay a little bit longer. I was so glad to be able to see "the whole big family" (Hannah's phrase) but I like to be a little less rushed.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish I knew you guys were having fun eariler on Saturday or we would have come over. I know it is so hard coordinating everyone together, when do you think you'll come again? I didn't see the kids at all, please let them know Auntie Heidi misses them.

diane said...

I love visits with family! Glad you had a fun trip.

award said...

What a fun time... Let's do it again!

lisa said...

wow, that was a lot of playing is such a short amount of time!