Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lobster, anyone?

So yesterday was a CRAZY day for the Nickel clan. I had a lot on the calendar.

We went to swim lessons, came home for a quick breakfast, went to a pool play date, came home for the internet guy to come fix things, and had a cub scout meeting here in the evening.

Since we were only going to be at the pool play date for an hour, I wasn't worried about sunburn. The kids had their swim shirts on, so we were "covered." WHY do I always forget about myself?! In less than an hour, I burned to a crisp! When we got home and changed, I thought, "wow, I'm a little bit pink." As my arm and shoulder were itching through my meeting, I thought, "wow, it hurts to scratch." As I looked in the mirror, I thought, "WHAT KIND OF A FOOL GOES IN THE POOL WITHOUT SUNSCREEN?!" The answer is, ME!



So, friends who stalk my blog, if you happen to see me out and about, I would be happy if you'd remind me that MY skin is important too! Ask me if I remembered my SPF! By the way, this picture does NOT do the sunburn justice.

5 comments:

Tina said...

OUCH!

*katie said...

Owwwwww!!! That hurts me!

lisa said...

hey, what are you trying to do, get skin cancer? remember the spf will ya!!

Alicia said...

Wow! That looks like it hurts.

Laura Keith said...

i do that too all the time! looks painful! love ya!