Sunday, June 15, 2008

One HOT Mama!


Ok, anyone who knows me would KNOW that I'd never refer to myself as a "HOT" Mama, except in terms of temperature. Our building for Church has some thermostat quirks. The Chapel is mostly warm in the warm weather--perhaps a function of the massive rock wall? The Relief Society room (where we meet for Sunday School and where the women meet the last hour) has warm and cold spots. During Sunday School, Robert and I sat in fairly cool spots. I could see the women in front of us getting blown on by the a/c. So for Relief Society, I moved over to where Robert had been sitting--aaaahhhhhh, heaven!

You see, I RARELY get cold--a function of menopause or what, I don't know. But in the warmer weather, I just bake. And I get a migraine headache almost EVERY time I go to Church (I'm thinking a function of the lights, but I'm not really sure), and being warm just exacerbates the problem. I was VERY grateful to find a cool spot to spend the last hour of Church! And after an hour in the "cool zone," I was FINALLY feeling almost chilled! I know where I'm sitting EVERY week!

And, by the way, we all really enjoyed Church today. I'd been sick, out of town, with company, and sick again, so it had been awhile since I'd been. Last week, "the fam" went without me, as I was finishing up with the stomach flu. Since it was Father's Day today, we got to watch the kids sing to Daddy during Sacrament meeting--so precious! Great weekend!

6 comments:

Tina said...

I've been a popsicle by the end of church sitting in that spot! I'm glad it's the perfect spot for you. But don't be offended if I don't come sit next to you :o).

Maree said...

Well Tina, you must be of the NBPF (No blood pumping female) faction instead of the "HOT Mama" faction. I understand if you don't want to sit in the cool zone! :-)

award said...

Your pic was AWESOME! Glad you found a cool place to sit. My room (the nursery) is always HOT!!! I think its the company I keep!

diane said...

I love your picture. I'm a hot mama too...hot flashes!

ferntyler said...

I can't believe you can stay awake in Sunday School and not through Kung Fu Panda - amazing :) I like being around the cool spot, but not directly under it - but not too far from it (why can't they just take a little of that air to the poor people in nursery?)

lisa said...

oohh ya HOT MAMA