Friday, June 27, 2008

Pool Play Days

In our ward at Church, there's a summer calendar. I've never encountered anything like it! It's a FANTASTIC tool for parents who are looking for activities for the kids. For EVERY week day of summer vacation, there's something we could choose to do--pool play days, Mc Donald's meetings, Chuck E. Cheese, park mornings, library activities, etc.

Our favorite are the pool play days, of course. On Wednesday we went to the Prows pool, and I forgot my camera along with the sunscreen--so I don't have any photos of the momentous occasions. The pictures we do have are from last year. Hannah was SO brave! She went down the slide MANY times--and didn't tell me when she did it the first time, so I missed it. Then she summoned her courage and jumped off the rock cliff a few times too! This girl LOVES the water! Toph was bribed into going down the slide--I bribed him with a quarter (he LOVES money) and a trip to Maggie Moo's (ice cream). With MUCH trepidation Toph did finally go down the slide! Way to go!

The Cloes kids with cousin Roni preparing for a group jump.

Toph THINKING about sliding, but he didn't. (Last year)

Thursday we went to the Lang's to swim. Hannah was BRAVE again, and went down the slide multiple times. Both kids jumped into the pool several times, including some times without the floaties! We spent about 20 minutes practicing things they'd been learning in swim lessons. Toph had fun jumping on the trampoline too--Hannah was most upset when it was time to leave and she didn't get to jump. Hannah had a classic melt down as we were leaving (or FORCING HER to leave) and told me, "I wish you weren't my mother!" Both kids napped later in the afternoon, and she got over it.


Hannah going down the slide one of man times.


Toph playing in the water with Adam.


A swim wouldn't be complete without a jump on the trampoline!


We LOVE the pool parties and are looking forward to practicing our newly learned swimming skills at other pool parties in the future! Thanks everyone who lets us come swimming!

PS: I used sunblock AND a T-shirt on Thursday! :-)

4 comments:

*katie said...

Oh goodness, I'm not sure I'm looking all that forward to the day when my boys can tell me they don't like me or something similar to that! Maybe climbing on end tables isn't so bad;)

lisa said...

you bad mom! i'm glad you remembered the sunscreen!!

Alicia said...

I hope to join everyone sometime next week when my life has calmed down a little bit! :) sounds like fun!

Jen said...

I LOVE the ward summer calendar. I am looking forward to joining the ward activities next week. I have missed everyone sooo much!! Thank you for posting the picture of my kids from last year. I had totally forgotten about it. I am glad that you used sunblock this time...that picture looked extremely painful.