Saturday, May 17, 2008

Butternut Squash, as promised!

On a recent trip to my favorite, Yanni's Bistro, we ran into several friends. EVERYONE who eats there raves about the butternut squash. Yanni's is different in that the owner has no qualms about sharing his recipes with his patrons. After all, you don't eat there because you CAN'T fix the food they serve.....

I have the recipe for the butternut squash--it's a restaurant quantity though, so you'll have to cut it down to something you might possibly eat in a week--good luck! Also, they don't give any directions for this recipe. I'm assuming that the squash just gets cut up and cooked on the stove, drained, and then mashed with the other ingredients--I could be wrong. I've NEVER even purchased a butternut squash.

Here's the recipe:

BUTTERNUT SQUASH

5 LB BUTTERNUT SQUASH BOILED
4 OZ BROWN SUGAR
1 TSP SALT
1 TSP PEPPER
1 TSP NUTMEG
2 TSP CINNAMON
8 OZ BUTTER
4 OZ MAPLE SYRUP

A BIG thanks to Doreene (Robert's Mom) for sending this to me! We also have the recipe for Budino, if you ever want an AMAZING dessert--PLEASE don't anyone tell me how many calories are in it! Let's just say, it's a special occasion dessert, not an everyday dessert! :-)

2 comments:

3WimmerBoys said...

Thanks Maree! I can't wait to make it, I LOVE this stuff!

Sunshine said...

Thank you Maree! This is so good I can't wait to make it!