Monday, May 12, 2008

A TOPHER memory


I know, I've blogged a LOT about Hannah--she just gives SO much material! But I don't want Toph to feel neglected, because I love him too. Tonight we were discussing this at the dinner table, because I couldn't think of anything past a simple PHOTO of Toph--no events like the "dance" of a few posts ago. Now my memory has been stimulated, so I'll bless my readers with Toph memories too.

Toph and Hannah are basically 25 months apart. For those math-challenged, that means that Toph was TWO when Hannah was born. As in TERRIBLE TWO'S. And I'll admit that the two's were harder with Toph than with Hannah because he was a tantrum boy.

Anyway, that's not my memory.....

Any Mom of a newborn can attest to the fact that a newborn does indeed DRIVE the family for awhile--ours was no exception. Toph, being TWO, and not in full command of the English language would sometimes get frustrated trying to communicate..........

Smart kid that he is, Toph found a fool-proof way to get my attention (usually in the late afternoons when it got to the "crazy" time of day). He would BITE ME ON THE BUTT. Yep, take his two-year-old mouth, with those RAZOR sharp teeth and just take a bite out of Mom. He'd bite other places too, if circumstances allowed, but biting my backside as I was washing dishes got to be a favorite of the Toph Man. Yes, I agree, NOW it is amusing......NOT so much back then! He's finally gotten over that little behavior. But he laughed a LOT at my screams!

LOVE YOU, Toph!


Looks like he's just been caught!

1 comment:

award said...

WE LOVE TOPHER! What a cutie! I don't know if I ever told you this, but I babysat a boy who was about two who also bit peoples' butts. He did it to me after I put him to bed one night. He snuck up behind me when I was doing the dishes...OUCH! Maybe a boy thing? Benny never did it, but that doesn't mean much!