Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mom, Today I'm a ballet dancer


This is what Hannah greeted me with as I was getting out of the shower. She brought in her leotard and asked me to help her put it on--an impossibility, since the leotard was a size 6/7, and Hannah wears a 10/12! We even tried to squeeze her into it, but it just wasn't long enough for her extra LONG body.

I decided that Hannah could wear her swim suit with the tutu--that would work in a pinch. It took a bit of coaxing, but I managed to talk her into it.

THEN, as I continue to try and get dressed, Hannah starts to POWDER her legs with baby powder. I don't mean a little bit--she's virtually PAINTING her legs in powder. When asked why, she tells me that it's because all ballet dancers have WHITE legs--don'tcha know? I was thinking that might have something to do with tights, but I kept that observation to myself.

As soon as I took her picture, Hannah had lunch and all visions of being a ballet dancer have fled from her mind--until tomorrow.

I LOVE this girl!

1 comment:

diane said...

So funny! When Brynn was little I took her to the Nutcracker hoping this could be our girl tradition. She kept asking "Why are they not talking?" She was underwhelmed with the whole thing and my dreams were crushed!