Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Visited one of MY body mechanics

Well, I did it! After 3 weeks of barely sleeping and 3 nights of REALLY NOT sleeping, I called my body mechanic. She wasn't available, so I saw one of her fellow mechanics. I walked in and basically self-diagnosed (as usual). OH WHY didn't I go to med. school, so I could write my own prescriptions?! Well, because being a body mechanic was NOT my calling in life. I have accepted this. But I nailed it, even what she'd probably prescribe. By Saturday I'll be feeling like a human again--maybe I'll even have slept!

Oh, LOVING the body mechanic's receptionist! I got my Rx for Allegra-D, which my insurance wants to fight over. I'm considering paying for it out of pocket, I'm so desperate! I called the office to see how long this fighting will take, and the receptionist, bless her heart!, offered to give me some SAMPLES to tide me over. Oh Joy! I told her I loved her!

After 1 hour on the Allegra-D, I can stand for the windows to be open! I'm not "fixed" but I'm feeling more human!

I think I'm seriously allergic to the jasmine that surrounds our home AND THAT I LOVE! So now we know, Maree needs the GOOD drugs when the jasmine is blooming.

Maree also needs to sleep, so she can remember phone conversations she's had in the last 2 days. If I've promised anyone anything, you'd better double-check! I have had conversations with folks that I don't EVEN remember!

I'm going to bed!

3 comments:

diane said...

A year ago I was completely nocturnal...ok if you're a bat. Ambien has changed my life. I hope you get some sleep...zzzz...

award said...

Is it working? I hope you got some sleep!

Jen said...

I hope you are feeling better :D