Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Saturday

Yes, we celebrate Mother's Day ALL weekend in our home, and not by MY design either! Since Sunday is devoted to observing the Sabbath, we start early. Today was GLORIOUS! I got to sleep in late. I had a breakfast of junk while I read. Then, when the sugar high wore off, I went upstairs to nap--THAT wasn't so successful, but it was relaxing. After a LONG shower, I had a snack and read some more. I finished an absolutely unique book, Ella Minnow Pea, by Mark Dunn. I had a leisurely afternoon, and did whatever my heart desired. Not a bad gig.



We began the evening by going to my all-time FAVORITE restaurant, Yanni's. I get the BEST steak I've ever eaten, EVERY time I go, what heaven! We shared a couple of fantastic desserts, Budino. If you've never had it, it's divine! I guess our idea to eat at Yanni's was a good one--we saw several of our friends there tonight too! After the kiddos got to bed, Robert indulged me in a "chick flick." I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the movie 27 Dresses. Now I sit, uninterrupted at the computer and blog to my heart's content. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

diane said...

Sounds like the perfect day, or weekend. Now I want to know what steak it is and I want to see that movie!

Maree said...

I get the fillet mignon with gorgonzola cream sauce--DIVINE! It's the MOST expensive thing on the menu, by far, but SOOOOO WORTH it--and I'm worth it! Robert usually gets the salmon lemoni, and he raves about that too. The movie is on its way!

award said...

Awesome Mother's Day! I ended up having the flu! No fun food for me :-( I'll just have to think about your day... it sounded DELICIOUS! Glad you liked the book. It really was fun and different. You are a great mom! Enjoy everyday!