Saturday, May 24, 2008

How did I NOT know this?


I was watching the late news tonight, and I learned something really astounding.

Did you know that Puerto Ricans get to VOTE in U.S. elections? I did not! Am I the only person on this planet who did NOT know that Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States, and that their ultimate leader is our President?!

Where was I in U.S. History, both in High School and College, that I have escaped these many years without this knowledge?

Why DON'T we have 51 stars on the flag then? Robert tried explaining this all to me, but my idiot gene must be in control today.......

3 comments:

lisa said...

it surprises me that you didn't know that!!! the all knowing, ever wise maree?

Harper Family said...

Now that you mention it, I think I have heard that somewhere a long time ago, but cousciously I didn't really know it either.

ferntyler said...

You are, in fact, the only one. Just kidding, but that is also a plus because you can travel to either Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands without a passport (just another little tidbit for your trivia file)