Saturday, May 3, 2008

The House Fairy visit.....


This year I'm really working on "getting it together." I haven't managed to perfect this yet, but I'm making progress. One of the websites I have used to help me get some good ideas is flylady.net. There's TONS of ideas on how to organize and keep your house clean. I'm loving it!

Well, on flylady, I found out about the House Fairy. I think she's going to become my new best friend. Check it out: housefairy.org




Tonight the House Fairy made her first visit to our home. She left the kids an introductory letter, a poster of the "official rules," a membership card, and some chore charts to fill in. It will be interesting to see how the kids respond tomorrow. She didn't leave any nice treats, because their rooms are pretty bad right now.

Hopefully I'll be able to post about a magical transformation that takes place in our home as the kids are EXCITED to keep their rooms looking clean and tidy. Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Joanna H. said...

Maree- of course I remember you. I think the last time I saw you was at the Pismo outlets during your yearly pilgrimage with all the women in your family. I remember sitting outside of RMCF eating one of the delicious caramel apples.
I've tried the fly lady stuff before, and I'll have you know that my kitchen sink is super sparkly. Just make sure you sign up for the one daily e-mail, or else you'll get about 20 a day. Good luck!

Christin said...

Hmmm. Sounds interesting. I'm usually a neat freak, but I'm afraid that I haven't been a very good housekeeper since Chase was born. I keep it picked up, but I just can't seem to find the time and energy to do the deep cleaning. Maybe something like this would give me the motivation and the focus that I need.

lisa said...

i'll be honest, i need all the help i can get when it comes to housework. i'm totally going to check out that link!! does the house fairy work for husbands?

Maree said...

Hmmmmm Lisa, I suppose that would depend on what the little surprise is...... Haven't tried that yet! :-)